1. It is estimated every household in Australia has elevated levels of chloroform in the air due to chlorine released from showering water. Through using a water purifier in the form of a shower filter, this can be prevented.
2. Tap water often contains at least as much, if not more, chlorine than is recommended for use in swimming pools.
3. More chlorine enters the body through dermal absorption and inhalation while showering than through drinking tap water. This is an issue as the risk of developing cancer is 93% higher in people who drink or are otherwise exposed to chlorinated water. Chlorine is a potential health hazard to both children and adults, and it is an issue that should be taken quite seriously and prevented through the use of water filtration systems such as a shower filter.
4. The chlorine in showering water has harsh, drying effects on skin and hair.
5. Skin pores widen while showering, making dermal absorption of chlorine and other chemicals possible.
6. The chlorine in showering water can cause rashes and other skin irritations when absorbed by the skin.
7. Chemicals in showering water vaporise at a much faster rate than the actual water. Thus, the steam in a shower contains a much higher concentration of chemicals than the water itself.
8. Inhaled chemicals make their way into the bloodstream much more quickly than ingested chemicals, without the added filtration benefits of digestion. At low levels, chlorine inhalation causes irritation to the skin and eyes along with a sore throat or a cough. At higher levels, inhalation causes symptoms of asthma such as wheezing and tightness of the chest.
9. Using a shower filter to purify your water is one of the easiest and most effective ways to reduce harmful exposure to chlorine and other chemicals.Through using pure water systems in your shower, you are protecting your skin, hair, respiratory system and overall health as well as ensuring a clean and pure water source.
10. Chlorine is a suspected cause of breast cancer. Women suffering from breast cancer are all found to have 50-60 percent more chlorine in their breast tissue than healthy women.
11. Showering in chlorine-free, filtered water decreases the risks of bladder and breast cancer.
12. Because the hair is able to preserve its natural moisturising oils, it becomes softer and healthier when chlorine is removed from showering water.
13. When the body is able to retain its natural moisturisers, the need for costly lotions and moisturisers is greatly reduced.
14. As chlorine is a leading cause of fatigue, showering in filtered, chlorine-free water results in higher energy levels and overall greater health.
15. Children, who are particularly at risk of the harmful effects of chlorine inhalation, benefit especially from the removal of chlorine from showering water through the use of a shower filter.