1. There are many health benefits of drinking water. In order to get these benefits, it is essential to draw from a clean source using products such as water purifiers and water filtration systems.
2. Drinking impure, contaminated water is the leading cause of epidemic disease in developing countries. It can result in waterborne diseases such as Cholera, and other serious illnesses such as Typhoid and Dysentery. These can cause up to 3.4 million deaths each year.
3. There are more than 2100 known drinking water contaminants that may be present in tap water, including several known poisons.
4. Bottled water is not a viable alternative to tap water. According to the Australian Museum, the cost of tap water is 1 cent per litre compared to bottled water which costs $2.53. It might not sound like a lot, but considering that around 600 million litres of bottled water are consumed across Australia per year it all adds up. This, coupled with the environmental harm caused by plastic, means that choosing drinking water from a water filtration system is more affordable and ethical.
5. Water treatment facilities cannot always control the outbreak of dangerous bacterial contaminants in tap water.
6. The only way to ensure pure, contaminant-free drinking water is through the use of a water filtration system.
7. Several types of cancer can be attributed to the presence of toxic materials in drinking water from non-pure water systems.
8. Clean, healthy drinking water is essential to a child’s development. Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filtration systems provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
9. According to the EPA in the United States, lead in drinking water contributes to 480,000 cases of learning disorders in children each year in the United States alone.
10. It is especially important for pregnant women to drink pure water as lead contained in drinking water can cause severe birth defects.
11. Water filtration systems provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine and bacterial contaminants.
12. Point-of-use water filters plus water purifiers remove lead from drinking water immediately before consumption. By using water filtration systems, this harmful substance can be prevented from entering the body.
13. Water purifiers reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33 percent by removing cryptosporidium and giardia from drinking water.
14. Water filters greatly reduce the risk of rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine by-products from drinking water.
15. A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.